Travel Medicine, 3rd Edition, by Dr. Jay S. Keystone, Dr. Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Dr. David O. Freedman, Dr. Hans D. Nothdruft, and Dr. Bradley A. Connor, prepares you and your patients for anytravel-related illness they may encounter. Consult this one-stop resource for best practices on everything from immunizations and pre-travel advice to essential post-travel screening. From domestic cruises to far-flung destinations, this highly regarded guide offers a wealth of practical guidance on all aspects of travel medicine.
- Benefit from the advice of international experts on the full range of travel-related illnesses, including cruise travel, bird flu, SARS, traveler’s diarrhea, malaria, environmental problems, and much more.
- Prepare for the travel medicine examination with convenient cross references for the ISTM “body of knowledge” to specific chapters and/or passages in the book.
- Search the complete text and download images at expertconsult.com.
- Effectively protect your patients before they travel with new information on immunizations and emerging and re-emerging disease strains, including traveler’s thrombosis.
- Update your knowledge of remote destinations and the unique perils they present.
- Stay abreast of best practices for key patient populations, with new chapters on the migrant patient, humanitarian aid workers, medical tourism, and mass gatherings, as well as updated information on pediatric and adolescent patients.