Publication Date: July 30, 2012 | ISBN-10: 0702046213 | ISBN-13: 978-0702046216 | Edition: 3
This introductory text highlights the most important aspects of a wide range of techniques used in the control of the quality of pharmaceuticals. Written with the needs of the student in mind, this clear, practical guide includes self-testing sections with arithmetical examples and tests to help students brush up on their arithmetical skills in an applied context.Features
- Includes worked calculations to demonstrate mathematics in use for pharmaceutical analysis.
- Focuses on key points rather than a large number of facts to help readers really understand the field as well as pass exams.
- Includes self-assessment, focussing on simple arithmetical calculation results from analytical data.
- New to this edition
- Mass spectrometry completely rewritten to reflect extensive changes in the instrumentation.
- High-pressure liquid chromatography extensively reworked to cover recent developments in ultra high-pressure liquid chromatography.
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy rewritten by an expert in this complex analytical technique.
- Thoroughly updated throughout to provide a succinct, expert account of the most frequently used techniques in pharmaceutical quality control.