Neurostimulation for the Treatment of Chronic Pain – a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series – presents state-of-the-art guidance on the full range of neuromodulation techniques performed today. Salim Hayek, MD, PhD and Robert Levy, MD, PhD offer expert advice on a variety of spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and peripheral nerve field stimulation procedures to treat chronic pain. Comprehensive, evidence-based coverage on selecting and performing these techniques – as well as weighing relative risks and complications – helps you ensure optimum outcomes. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com, you’ll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.
- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence behind interventional and neuromodulatory techniques and master their execution.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest developments in motor cortex stimulation, deep brain stimulation, peripheral nerve stimulation, and spinal cord stimulation.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable contents, plus bonus procedural videos, at expertconsult.com.
Improve patient safety and minimize risks with evidence-based, step-by-step guidance for interventional and neuromodulatory techniques