Neuro-Ophthalmology: Diagnosis and Management is a highly organized and uniform textbook designed to bridge the gap between a handbook and an encyclopedia. Drs. Grant T. Liu, Nicholas J. Volpe, and Steven L. Galetta present their expertise through this highly visual resource that features full color throughout, extensive illustrations, and a DVD-ROM with videos and more. The second edition includes major updates to reflect advances in migraine, multiple sclerosis treatments, neuroimaging, and more. This is your one-stop source of information both for understanding the underlying presentation, pathophysiology, neuroimaging, and diagnostic studies in neuro-ophthalmology, as well as the ideal diagnostic, treatment, and ongoing management tools for all neuro-ophthalmic conditions. ***The eBook versions of this title do not include the DVD-ROM content from the print edition.
- Combines extensive illustrations and cross references with tables, outlines, and flow-diagrams to provide you with everything you need to understand the underlying presentation, pathophysiology, neuroimaging, and diagnostic studies in neuro-ophthalmology, along with the ideal diagnostic, treatment, and ongoing management tools for all neuro-ophthalmic conditions.
- Features reviews of neuroanatomy and neurophysiology based on clinical and pathological observations in humans without the extensive discussion of experimental literature involving non-human primates and other animals for an extremely focused clinical resource excellent for practice and preparing for professional examinations.
- Includes coverage of the neurological examination and the bedside neuro-ophthalmic evaluation of comatose patients that demonstrates how the examination can be used to confirm a diagnosis arrived at from the patient history.
- Features comprehensive updates to all chapters with complete revisions to coverage of multiple sclerosis, migraine, and neuro-imaging ensuring that you have the most up-to-date clinical tool available.
- Separates the History and Examination, Neuro-ophthalmic History, and Neuro-ophthalmic Examination into two distinct chapters-Neuro-ophthalmic History and Neuro-ophthalmic Examination-to provide a more focused approach to each topic.
- Includes an expanded illustration program with full color throughout, revisions 20% of existing figures, and 20% more figures than before for a more accessible and visually appealing reference.
- Contains a DVD-ROM with video of eye movements, eyelids, pupils, and examination techniques, along with fully downloadable tables, neuroimages, and figures so you can access a real-time learning environment and enhance your presentations.