Publication Date: April 15, 2009 | ISBN-10: 0323053718 | ISBN-13: 978-0323053716 | Edition: 3
Medical Biochemistry combines basic science and clinical medicine in a thorough yet accessible, easy-to-read format, and this new edition reflects the latest information on genetic and molecular biology. A new chapter and additional online case studies cover new areas in the field and help clarify difficult concepts. You’ll still get the dynamic, full-color design that makes this biochemistry textbook such an effective resource – complete with case histories, advanced concept boxes, and color illustrations. And, as a Student Consult title, it is fully searchable online with a unique image library, case studies, USMLE-style questions, and online note-taking to enhance your learning experience.
- Demonstrates the relevance of biochemistry to practice through Clinical Boxes integrated into the text.
- Provides in-depth coverage of important topics in Advanced Concept Boxes on recent research and more.
- Explains difficult concepts by working through online case studies that help you apply basic knowledge to clinical practice.
- Presents the most common lab tests in Clinical Test Boxes that makes referencing and reviewing quick and easy.
- Offers Active Learning Boxes to allow you to test your knowledge at the end of each chapter and improve retention.
- Features a new chapter on Genome, Proteome and Metabolome for the latest coverage of these new areas in biochemistry, as well as one on Carbohydrates and Lipids.
- Includes expanded material on molecular biology to present the nuances of the subject and address those questions that arise during research.
- Presents 25 additional Case Studies and MCQ’s online with questions and answers that reinforce the material covered.