- Presents a multi-disciplinary and international approach to critical renal care for a thorough and integrated presentation of how to care for critically ill patients with renal disease or complications.
- Addresses the full range of renal problems, from epidemiology to monitoring and diagnostic procedures to pathophysiology of organ systems in relation to kidney failure.
- Provides details on different forms of organ support, including liver, lung, and cardiac therapy.
- Defines common guidelines in nephrology and critical care medicine for better communication among clinicians.
- Places a special emphasis on therapeutic interventions and treatment procedures for a hands on clinical reference tool.
- Features a new US editor, Dr. John Kellum, who incorporates his expertise in critical care medicine to the 2nd edition and extends the breadth of coverage with a North American perspective.
- Includes access to the complete fully searchable contents online for convenient referencing.
- Discusses new techniques in the field providing you with a comprehensive review of the experimental and clinical work being done.
- Features a new 2-color design and shorter, more focused chapters to help you access key facts quicker.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should access to the web site be discontinued.