- File Size: 5512 KB
- Print Length: 853 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Up to 4 simultaneous devices, per publisher limits
- Publisher: Churchill Livingstone Australia; 2 edition (October 20, 2011)
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0084PEU36
- ISBN: 9780729580793
- Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences APAC
- Format: PDF
- Title: Community Pharmacy
- Author: Paul Rutter; David Newby
- Now in a new edition – the leading Australian community pharmacy guide, covering common conditions seen by community pharmacists throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Fully revised and now in its second edition, Community Pharmacy: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment 2e is an essential pharmacy resource.
Ideal for both pharmacy students and practicing pharmacists, Community Pharmacy provides a guide to differential diagnosis of symptoms commonly seen by community pharmacists throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Organised by body system, Community Pharmacy provides symptom-specific pharmaceutical questions and algorithms for the purposes of differential diagnosis.
More than 12 new treatment medicines have been added to this new edition, along with eight new case studies.
All conditions, products and recommendations have been revised to reflect current local drug scheduling and clinical practice, and the book’s evidence base has been updated in line with sources including the National Prescribing Service, Australian Prescriber, Australian Medicines Handbook, the Therapeutic Guidelines and Pharmaceutical Society of Australia guidelines.
Community Pharmacy: Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment 2nd edition incorporates evidence-based practice into every chapter, and addresses current issues like alternative treatments and complementary therapies, weight loss products and pre-quit nicotine use.
This full-colour pharmacy text also offers students and instructors additional web-based resources through Elsevier’s Evolve online platform including additional images for dermatology and ophthalmology, additional case studies and an additional chapter on Evidence-Based Practice.
This new edition also has the added benefit of providing online activities for practicing pharmacists undertaking essential Continuing Professional Development. These activities have been accredited for 10 hours of Group 2 CPD (or 20 CPD credits) suitable for inclusion in an individual pharmacist’s CPD plan and have been accredited by the Australian Pharmacy Council.
• covers the most common conditions seen in community pharmacies • evidence base for over-the-counter (OTC) recommendations for each condition • provides symptom-specific questions and algorithms for the purposes of differential diagnosis • discusses prevalence and epidemiology of each condition • practical prescribing summary tables • Hints and tips boxes covering product use advice • self-assessment – multiple choice questions, review questions and case studies • full-colour throughout, with colour photographs of important conditions • Helpful abbreviations • Glossary of terms • Useful websites • Online Evolve resources for students and instructors • Online activities for Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- All conditions, products and recommendations have been revised to reflect current local drug scheduling and clinical practice.
- Issues and conditions of local interest have been updated, including treatment of bites and stings, weight loss, and expanded information on sunburn.
- Evidence base updated in line with sources such as the National Prescribing Service, Australian Prescriber, Australian Medicines Handbook, the Therapeutic Guidelines and Pharmaceutical Society of Australia guidelines.
- 8 new case studies
- Evolve -additional web based resources:
- Chapter on Evidence based practice.
- 20 new case studies – additional 2 per chapter
- Additional images to accompany chapters 2; Ophthalmology and 7; Dermatology
- CPD accredited activity – earn national registration points with MCQ’s