Bronchoscopy and Central Airway Disorders provides the guidance you need to plan and implement the most effective bronchoscopy procedure for every patient. Through specifically-designed case scenarios with correlating review questions and videos, this practical respiratory medicine reference leads you through the decision-making process and execution of these sometimes complex procedures, as well as the optimal long-term management of your patients.
- Master various bronchoscopic approaches and techniques necessary to treat a variety of malignancies that may occur in the trachea or lungs.
- Consider the rationale and weigh the consequences of each approach. Case resolutions at the end of each chapter –with commentary and alternative approaches from 36 key experts in interventional bronchoscopy — illustrate the decision-making process from patient evaluation through long-term management.
- Reinforce learning by correlating key concepts and practice through study questions related to each clinical scenario.
- See exactly how to proceed with high-quality videos online that capture crucial teaching moments and provide a walkthrough of sometimes complex procedures including theplacement of airway stents via bronchoscopy for a variety of diseases and complications, such as airway collapse due to COPD.
- Systematically think through diagnostic and interventional (therapeutic) bronchoscopic procedures using Dr. Colt’s unique “Four Box” approach: Initial Evaluation; Procedural Techniques and Results; Procedural Strategies; and Long-term Management Plan.
- Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with image and video libraries, review questions, and more!
The case-based guidance you need to work through the decision-making process behind bronchoscopy and ultimately improve patient care.