Paperback: 1144 pages
- Format: PDF
- Publisher: Pharmaceutical Press; March 2014 edition
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0857110861
- ISBN-13: 9780857110862
The British National Formulary (BNF) provides up-to-date, practical guidance on prescribing, dispensing, and administering medicines. This essential reference reflects current best practice as well as legal and professional guidelines relating to the uses of medicines.
Please note: NICE have altered their distribution arrangement for England, and eligible health professionals will now receive one free print copy of BNF a year – the September issue – to supplement online access. The March edition has been printed as usual, and you can buy your copy here.
BNF 67 (March 2014) has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice. Access to the latest edition of the BNF is vital for healthcare professionals, as there are a large number of updates from one edition to the next.
Some of the significant changes in this edition include:
- Updated advice on the withdrawal of benzodiazepines
- New MHRA advice on the safety of Metoclopramide – risk of neurological adverse effects
- Antiepileptic drugs – new advice on switching between different manufacturers’ products for a particular drug
- Update on malaria prophylaxis recommendations for specific countries
- Influenza vaccines – extension of childhood seasonal influenza vaccine programme
- Addition of varicella-zoster vaccine to immunisation schedule
The BNF evaluates clinical evidence from diverse sources with information validated by a network of clinical experts and published under the authority of a Joint Formulary Committee.