Anesthesia Equipment: Principles and Applications, 2nd Edition, by Dr. Jan Ehrenwerth and Dr. James B. Eisenkraft, offers expert, highly visual, practical guidance on the full range of delivery systems and technology used in practice today. It equips you with the objective, informed answers you need to ensure optimal patient safety.
- Make informed decisions by expanding your understanding of the physical principles of equipment, the rationale for its use, delivery systems for inhalational anesthesia, systems monitoring, hazards and safety features, maintenance and quality assurance, special situations/equipment for non-routine adult anesthesia, and future directions for the field.
- Ensure patient safety with detailed advice on risk management and medicolegal implications of equipment use.
- Apply the most complete and up-to-date information available on machines, vaporizers, ventilators, breathing systems, vigilance, ergonomics, and simulation.
- Visualize the safe and effective use of equipment thanks to hundreds of full-color line drawings and photographs.
- Access the complete text and images online, fully searchable, at www.expertconsult.com.